Evil Eye Cupcakes
Better watch out these Evil Eye Cupcakes have their eye on you. Surprise your family and guest by making these Evil Eye Cupcakes for your next Halloween party. They will certainly be a hit!
1 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cups cocoa
1 1/2 TSP baking soda
1 1/2 TSP baking powder
1 TSP salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup oil
2 TSP vanilla
1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Line the cupcake tins with paper liners.
-Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
-In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla.
-Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
-Mix all together until fully incorporated.
-Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
-Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
-The batter may be a little runny.
-Scoop batter into cupcake lined cups until 3/4s filled.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
-Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
-Take out of the cupcake pan placing on a wire rack until completely cooled.
1 cup soft unsalted butter
4 + cups powder sugar
4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1. Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
2. If it seems stiff, add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it is creamy.
3. Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down.
4. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready.
5. If it seems thin, add more powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Mix well.
6. Test to make sure that the frosting can hold a stiff peak.
7. If ready, scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a star tip.
8. Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
9. Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
10. Save the remaining frosting to use in the Evil Eye.
Sugar Sprinkled Gummy Candy circles in variety of colors/flavors
Pastry bag with medium tip filled with red frosting.
Frosting bag filled with white frosting
Frosting bag filled with black frosting
-Place the gummy circle in the center of the flat frosted cupcake.
-Place the candy eye in the center of the candy gummy circle.
-Put one drop of black frosting inside of the inner circle of the gummy candy.
-Put one drop of white frosting next to the black dot inside of the inner circle of the gummy candy.
-Make red squiggly lines around the gummy circle to look like bloodshot eyes;